Well, Seth and I haven't really updated our blog in a while, but here are some of our past adventures. Seth got a little craving for borsch, so we bought some beets, potatoes, cabbage, and carrots and spent Sunday afternoon chopping up vegetables. I'm happy to say that the borsch actually tasted really good. Seth said it was the best he had made so far, so it was deemed a success.
Our next adventure came when I tried to use the powdered milk we bought for our food storage. I had a great idea that if we bought whole milk at the store instead of 2% that maybe we could mix the powdered milk and the whole milk and save on both money and calories. Since I grew up on powdered milk, I know that the worst thing in the world is powdered milk clumps. I decided to do everything I could to avoid the clumps and so I put the milk into the Vita-mix (high-powered blender) and mixed it on high. I didn't calculate in the fact that the milk would get really frothy and foamy. When I took off the lid of the blender I was surprised to see milk shooting out in every direction. Luckily the final effect was good and Seth said he couldn't even taste the powdered milk. We've been doing it ever since, but I don't always blend the milk on high.
:)
Elizabeth
Ima checkin out your blog. i forgot it was in indiana where the tire blew. Bad luck indiana. I laughed super hard about the comment you wrote on my blog about the old van.
ReplyDelete