Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Feed the Need 5k







Our stake helped put on a 5k last week to gather food for the soup kitchens along the Connecticut coast. The entry fee was 25 non-perishable food items. Seth and I went and ran and it was so much fun. The race was at Hammonassett state park and we ran along by the beach. Seth ran a stellar 18 minute race and finished in 7th place overall. He also placed 3rd in his age category. My goal was to break 40 minutes--since I was pushing a jogging stroller and carrying a baby in my tummy. But being at a race was just too exciting so I ran the whole thing and finished in 26 minutes. Joseph sat in his stroller and sang the whole way. ahhhhhh. ohhhhhh. So, I guess he had fun too. Afterwards they had chicken soup and cookies and Seth got a medal. Thanks for winning Seth. :)

5 comments:

  1. Elizabeth! your crazy! I ran about a block the other day, then told Andrew it wasn't a good idea for me to run... and you're farther along than I am!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Elizabeth! Sarah - you have had 6 babies, it really makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't that such a fun morning? And I didn't even run. You are my hero, by the way. I don't think I could have done that in your "goal" of 40 minutes even without a stroller and prego belly. You pretty much rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am so impressed you are still running!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job to Seth, an 18-minute 5K is really something. It's like he's still in High School (ha Ha)

    ReplyDelete