Our little daughter Nellie was born at 3:04 this morning. It was a really special experience. When we went to the hospital they tried to find a heartbeat, but couldn't find anything. So we knew the whole time there wasn't any hope, even though we still hoped for a miracle. The labor went well and she was born. I couldn't believe how much she looked like one of our kids. She was beautiful. The cord had been wrapped around her legs and knotted so much that she hadn't been able to get any oxygen. But she was perfectly formed. She weighed 7 lbs 14 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. The nurse let us hold her and right then I was perfectly happy holding my little girl. Seth and I both cried and held her for about an hour. Then we had to kiss her goodbye and they wheeled me out to a recovery room. I can't believe how hard it has been. I didn't realize how much we all loved her and what a huge part of our family she has been until I saw her.
We are all having a hard time, and I suppose we will for a little while. It just doesn't seem right coming home without baby sister. But Joseph and Kenny quickly accepted the idea that she is with their Grandpa Kenny, Grandpa Leo, and Grandpa VanDerwerken and that they have a baby sister angel. It hasn't been so easy for Seth or I. But we know that through the atonement of Jesus Christ all things can be made right.
Thanks for all of your prayers and thoughts. I know she loves all of us, and will be around. I can feel that she is happy.
Just want to send my love to you and your little family. You are in my thoughts and prayers. My heart aches for you my dear friend. Te amo sempre
ReplyDeleteWe just talked you your mom and she told us your sad news. I am so sorry! Nellie is absolutely beautiful. Even though we know we will be with our angel babies someday, it still hurts so bad! It's hard, I know. We are thinking of you and praying for you. Call anytime if you want to talk. Lots of love to you and your sweet family.
ReplyDeleteWe are so sorry you guys. We are praying for you and your family. Elizabeth, I was so touched by your marathon analogy in relief society the Sunday after grandpa's funeral, it helped me so much then, and I hope it can help you two now. We send our love and sympathy. - Nate and Cami
ReplyDeleteSo, so sorry for you guys. She is beautiful. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers!!
ReplyDeleteWe've been thinking of you guys a lot for the last day since my mom called to tell us about Nellie. I can't even begin to imagine the heartache you are feeling right now. And, I can't imagine what it must be like to also be recovering from just delivering a baby on top of all this Elizabeth. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine what you are going through. We have been thinking of you and your sweet family. Love and prayers that you find the peace and strength to get through this.
ReplyDeleteSeth and Elizabeth, we love you both and want you to know you we are sending our thoughts and prayers your way! Your little Nellie is perfect.
ReplyDeleteShe's beautiful. It was nice to see you tonight. We love you.
ReplyDeleteWe love your family so much and you are in our prayers. Nellie is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteNellie was sent to a very special family and I can tell she loves you so much. We love you.
ReplyDelete