Last night Elizabeth delivered a healthy 8 lb baby boy. We're so thankful that the delivery went smoothly. Because of what happened with Nellie, the doctors wanted to deliver this baby as soon as they felt it was safe. So last Friday they did an amniocentesis to test for lung maturity. When it came back positive, we were set to be induced yesterday, at 38 weeks. I wonder how big he would have been had she gone 40 weeks.
We named him Richard James Taylor. He's named after Richard Vernon, Elizabeth's father, who passed away just a couple of weeks ago from cancer. His middle name is from my grandfather, James VanDerwerken, who passed away a year ago September.
My aunt and uncle came down from the Albany area with their kids to watch our boys while we were in the hospital, and my aunt brought Joseph and Kenny in to see their "baby bro" (as we've been calling him for the last few weeks).
Congratulations! He is a doll! I'm really excited for you guys and glad everything went well!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for you guys! He is so precious and will be such a wonderful addition to the family! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations you guys! I'm so glad everything went well. What a cute little guy. So sorry to hear about your dad Elizabeth. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteYeah!!!! I'm happy everything went smoothly. Cute to see the three brothers together. Can't wait to meet the new babe.
ReplyDeleteYou all look so wonderful and I want to give each one of you a big hug so bad! That first picture of Richard looks so much like Kenny to me! Congratulations and lot of love from the Bergins.
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures of Kenny, Joseph, and Richard!!!! Happy healing /recovery! I hope you are doing well.
ReplyDeleteOh so happy for you!! I hope you guys are getting a little sleep at your house. So sorry to hear about your dad Elizabeth. It's nice that you were able to honor him by naming your baby after him. How perfect.
ReplyDeleteLove you guys.
Congratulations! What a beautiful family!
ReplyDelete