Today, December 12th, is my mother's birthday, and since we couldn't go visit, we decided to post a video of us singing happy birthday as a family.
Mom, thanks so much for coming out and helping when both Joseph and Kenny were born. It was so nice to have you here to help us as we were trying to figure out how to be parents. It was especially nice when we were packing up our house to move just after Kenny was born as well.
Mom has always been great at helping in times when we were forgetful (I remember her driving papers and projects to school that I had forgotten to print or put in my backpack). One thing I remember and for which I did not adequately thank her was when she drove a whole lunch for our lunch group in high school to a park several miles from our home so we could eat there on a summer day rather than going to our house. She made and still makes so many sacrifices for us as kids, it's amazing. And I can't remember her complaining about it (she did remind me to not forget things as often). And now Mom cares a lot about her growing group of grandbabies.
Her brothers always tell me that we're so lucky to have a mother like her, that 'they just don't make girls like her anymore.' She's a wonderful mother, and mom, we wish a wonderful birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh, E. it's so fun to see you with your little babies! I so wish we lived close and could sit around with our little babies all day and talk! Hope to see you this summer!
ReplyDelete