Monday, December 20, 2010

A few more fun stories



Joseph is just getting to be more and more fun. He went to nursery on Sunday for the first time. Because he and Kenny were restless and Seth wasn't there (he was visiting another ward) I took them out of the chapel during the closing hymn. We went down to the nursery room. Joseph walked up to the door and started knocking on it and stomping his feet because he was so excited to go in. The primary president walked by and said "Well, I haven't seen that happen in a long time." So, Joseph went to nursery and loved it, but got really mad when all of the other parents came and started picking up their kids and I didn't show up right away. Guess I'll have to get down there faster.

The other day I babysat some little kids from our ward. One of the boys was pulling toys out of a box and flung a toy that hit Kenny on the head. Kenny started crying. And Joseph, the big protective brother, (who was much younger and smaller than the other boy) went up and started pushing him. Then he started fighting with the other boy over a toy. I said, "Joseph, what are you doing? You don't even like that toy." He finally managed to get the toy away and brought it over and gave it to Kenny. Then Kenny stopped crying.

We went in to Joseph's 18 month check up. He was kind of fed up with the nurse, and figured out how to open to door to the room and run away. I kept having to chase down a little naked-except for a diaper-Joseph and bring him back. Then when the doctor was checking his ears and eyes he just got mad. He started crying really hard and waving his little hand at her. It was a very deliberate "Bye Bye." But we survived the doctor's visit and then went and played on the swings outside which made Joseph happy.

Today we were playing with legos and I asked Joseph if he wanted to make a house. He got excited and climbed up on the couch and pulled down a big blanket and motioned for me to make a "house." I was kind of surprised. We've never called those "houses" before. But I said, "Well, if that 's what you want to do. So we made a house under the table.

Little Kenny learned to roll from his back to his stomach. He looks really funny when he does it. He's pretty chubby and when I lay him down on his back, he tucks his feet up so he's a little chubby ball, then rolls over in about 3 seconds. Seth said it might be because I didn't do enough tummy time with him, he had to do his own. It makes it hard to lay him down at night because this is how it goes: Lay Kenny down. Kenny rolls over. Kenny spits up. Kenny rubs face in spit up. Kenny cries. We both think it can be a good thing to let your kids cry, but not when they are rubbing their face in spit up. Oh well. He's been a lot of fun lately. He wants to grab everything and eat everything. The other day he downed two little bowls of rice cereal. But he still just watches everything we put in his mouth. I have a feeling he wants the real thing. And the best part is, when he doesn't finish his rice cereal Joseph is always happy to eat it for him.




Joseph didn't want his picture taken. He just wanted the camera.



Kenny's new crib . . .



Handsome Kenny!

3 comments:

  1. Cute Elizabeth! Those are really fun pictures. Merry Christmas to your little boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good pictures and stories, E! I enjoy my grandkids.

    Dad WAd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I miss you guys! I know for sure Bailey misses you and just want to tell you Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete