Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Halloween

Seth and I have been part of a mentoring program in New Haven for the past year. We meet with kids from underprivileged neighborhoods and help them with reading, schoolwork, and play games with them. Here are some pictures from the Halloween Party we had on Tuesday. Joseph was a hit in his little pumpkin outfit. We carved pumpkins with the kids and had a lot of fun.







Joseph making new friends.








The kids thought the pumpkin guts were so gross. It was funny. I told Seth he should bring in the dissected sheep brains they have in the Neuroscience department and see what they thought of that.









This is a picture of Deandra. She is the girl I've been mentoring. She just turned 12 and loves Joseph.











Since Joseph was dressed as a pumpkin, I dressed up as a farm girl. Seth was a soccer player.






2 comments:

  1. Joseph is so cute, he looks a little like Titus

    ReplyDelete
  2. little 'seph already working the ladies, and no doubt 12 years older than him! playa playa joseph! i taught him well that weekend in ogden

    ReplyDelete