Friday, October 2, 2009

I haven't posted in a long time so I'm smooshing eveything into one post!

So, here are some of the fun things we've been up to lately . . .




Dress Joseph up in little Brazilian outfits before they get too small for him and take pictures. I think I had a little more fun than he did with this activity. :)



On Labor Day we went to the beach. It was a gorgeous day. We went with the Bishop's family and we brought our grill and they brought their kayak. We didn't get a picture of us in the kayak, but we paddled out quite a ways. We just hung out at the beach all day swimming, kayaking, and eating hotdogs. We bought a kite at Goodwill and were really excited about it. Then when we opened it, it didn't have a cross pole with it. Seth fashioned one out of a stick, but we didn't get the kite to stay up in the air.






This is called the Daddy rock. It's how Seth gets Joseph to sleep. It's pretty efficient.



Eric and Angie (my aunt and uncle) came to New Haven for Eric's 10 year Yale reunion. They came and picked Joseph and I up and we drove around to see all their favorite places and went out to eat at their old favorite place, Bertuccis. It was fun to see all the things they loved about New Haven. Seth was on a campout, so I brought him home the leftovers to convince him that we should go back sometime. It was fun to see them and they just loved seeing Joseph.







I dressed Joseph up because I went and volunteered at the primary activity. I figured if Carrie could make Logan a vest, I could make one too. I found the old material from the pants I cut off and sewed up a little vest. We had fun at the primary activity. I got to tell all the kids the story of the St. George temple.



Sit on the couch with Dad.


Hang out on the bed and sing and play.




Hi guys.



Joseph is fascinated by water bottles and feels like a big guy when he can actually play with one. Who needs rattles when you've got a water bottle?






Notice he's also in the jogging stroller. We like to go running and Joseph likes to come along. Today I actually even did a speed workout. Probably a good workout, running with a stroller. Seth and I are planning our own 5k because we didn't find one that we actually wanted to pay for. We'll let you know the results.



Well, what could be better than a pacifier? Your thumb, of course. As you can tell, Joseph prefers the thumb, but he keeps the pacifier around just in case.



The bouncy! Seth prefers to call it "Jumpin Joey." It's real name is Johnny Jump up. Joseph like it. He just can't bounce yet. But it's still fun.

1 comment:

  1. "oooohhh!" (Rod says there is a special way we say that when we see a cute baby!)
    I love them! What a cute personality! You can see him thinking and exploring!

    ReplyDelete