Monday, May 11, 2009

Just When I Thought Things Couldn't get Any Better . . .


So, just when I thought we had had about the best date in the whole world, Seth really pulled out a doosy. Saturday morning he came garage saling (they call them "tag sales" in Connecticut) with me. We found a bunch of fun baby books, and toys (as evidenced in the picture). Seth was really excited about the little "make a farm animal noise" toy that is about as old as both of us. Then Seth really found a treasure--a puzz 3-D of St. Basil's cathedral in Moscow.


So, Saturday night after dinner (and after having the missionaries teach a lesson to one of our neighbors in our apartment which went really well) we had a Russian Date. We listened to the soundtrack from Hunt for the Red October and the Russian (Soviet) National Anthem. Seth was impressed that I knew the tune (thanks Parley!), and did the Russian Cathedral puzzle. We probably needed Carrie there, because we didn't get too far on the puzzle, but Seth got pretty excited and pulled out his Russian outfit and expression. Way too much fun.

2 comments:

  1. haha! do you remember when we sang the russian national anthem for Grandma Carey right after I got my mission call? that was so funny. I love the russkaya shopka. what kinda fur is that thing? Way to do missionary work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seth reminiscing about the childhood days when he did 3-D puzzles and played with the farm animal toy, good to see you don't forget the past

    ReplyDelete