Monday, May 18, 2009

There Shall Not be Room Enough to Receive it . . .


This is a picture of what Seth and I fondly call the "baby corner." Until we figure out how to fit a crib in our bedroom (We only have a one bedroom apt) and figure out a place for everything to go, I have been stashing stuff in the baby corner. Yesterday I was writing in my journal and as I was writing I said, "I think if we get one more baby present, there won't be room . . ." I paused. "Seth, what does it say in that scripture in Malachi?" Seth, being Seth, quoted word for word:

"Prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. (Malachi 3:10).


"Do you realize that if we get any more baby stuff, there really won't be room enough to receive it?" We sat and thought about it for a minute and it was neat to see how much the Lord has blessed us. Six months ago, we didn't have anything for a baby. We were a little bit worried because everyone had been saying babies are expensive and we didn't quite know how things were going to work out. Then, it seems like the Lord just opened up the windows of heaven and blessings and presents were poured in on us. I looked at Seth and said, "I am sure glad we pay our tithing!" It was neat to stop and realize how blessed we have been. I am grateful for the law of tithing and the opportunities we have to receive the Lord's blessings. I am also grateful for how generous everyone has been. Our baby is lucky to come to a place and family where so many people care and are ready to listen to the spirit and give. Hopefully we can follow their example.

2 comments:

  1. I like that seth quoted the scripture word for word. good job seth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Isn't that neat that you have so much baby stuff. I am grateful, and you will be able to use it for more than one baby! ............ Don't know where you will put the baby!

    ReplyDelete